Has responsibility for the Industrial Solutions (IS) Americas Division’s accounting practices, the maintenance of fiscal records and its financial reports. Has overall responsibility for project accounting, general and property accounting, internal auditing, job cost accounting, and budgetary controls. Appraises operating results in terms of costs, budgets, policies of operations, trends, and increased profit opportunities.
Relationship to Others
Reporting directly to the VP of Finance, this position manages the Wagner IS Division’s financial performance for all locations in the Americas. As part of a global company, this position closely collaborates with the IS CFO and the corporate finance team in Markdorf, Germany.
Frequently in contact with worldwide management team and staff. Works closely with all members of management and staff internally on a continuous basis. Maintains external contact with auditors, bankers, lawyers, etc.
Dimensions of Position
A team player, involved in all aspects of the finance department and business. This position represents a critical layer of talent and resource within the Wagner IS Americas Division’s management team, providing financial guidance and leadership supported by experience and continuing education. This position requires a team member who is hands on, pro-active and passionate for continuous innovation and improvement. With a strong analytical mindset, this position identifies and articulates quickly the elements of a complex project or issue.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Accounting or Finance required – CPA/CMA/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in various accounting functions, including management of people. o Involvement with an engineering company in the area of customized systems or turnkey solutions preferred.
- Highly competent with relevant and current computer skills working with various applications:
o Advanced skills SAP FI/CO
o Advanced skills in SAP BW preferred
o Advanced skills in MS Office, SharePoint and Hyperion Financial Management preferred
o Exposure to SAP PS preferred
- Project accounting experience & knowledge required (set-up & work breakdown structures).
- Public accounting and international experience preferred.
Wagner SprayTech Corp. Plymouth MN 55447-4661
Nicole Thorvilson, Human Resources
(763) 553-7068, Nicole.Thorvilson@wagner-group.com